Triveni Kala Sangam presents "Chhau Certificate Course" in association with Sapan Acharya
We are offering a 6 month intensive Certificate Course with a Stage Performance.
- Basic Exercises
- Pado-Chalona(Foot work)
- Chale (walk of animal, Birds)
- Body Balance
- Phori Khanda Ang Sanchalan (Martial Art Movements)
- Bole Paran (Composition of Foot Work)
- Dance Items (Devdushi and Yodhya)
- Shield and Sword Fight (Khelo)
- The syllabus for the theory section is:
- Counting of Talo
- Knowledge of Basic Talo
- History and Origin of Chhau Dance
- Knowledge of Rhythmic Structure of Chhau
- Laya Prakar
- Knowledge of the gestures used in Chhau
- How this art form is beneficial for the students
- Building Stamina/Polishing body postures
- Strengthen your Core
- Developing body Flexibility
- Sword and Shield Fight
- Body Meditation
- Body Balance
Seraikella Chhau, an ancient art form initially practiced by the king's army of Seraikella, has evolved into a modern offering through Sapan Kumar Acharya's teachings. This captivating dance form is not confined to the stage; it offers a holistic approach to build inner strength and flexibility. Firstly, the intricate movements foster body balance and coordination, bolstering proprioception and reducing the risk of falls and injuries. Secondly, the rigorous practice routines enhance stamina and endurance, translating into improved energy levels and resilience in daily activities. Moreover, the graceful and fluid motions of Chhau enhance flexibility and joint mobility, alleviating stiffness and discomfort. Lastly, the art's demanding nature requires intense concentration, sharpening one's ability to focus and maintain mental clarity in various aspects of daily life. In essence, Sapan's Chhau dance teachings provide a multifaceted approach to physical and mental well-being, making it not just an art form but a comprehensive path to a healthier and more balanced life.
SAPAN KUMAR ACHARYA
Representing the fifth generation in a family of traditional performers who have significantly contributed in the evolution and development of Seraikella Chhau dance. He had his initial training under his Father Late Guru Lingaraj Acharya and later on from Late Guru Bikram kumbhakar (Phori khanda), Late Suru Mukhi and Mangla Mukhi (Dhol and Nagada).
The eclecticism in his own training has led him to develop a comprehensive system with which he has shaped his technique as a performer, teacher, and musician.
He is a science graduate from Ranchi University. He is recipient of junior fellowship from ministry of culture Government of India for the studies of the Akhada system in Seraikella Chhau. He has also been awarded senior fellowship from ministry of culture, Government of India for the studies of the milestone of Seraikella Chhau. Development of Seraikella Chhau is in the three phase’s pre-Akhada, Akhada and post Akhada system.
- Celebration for fifty years of Indian Independence at all over Japan in 1997 sponsored by I.C.C.R Government of India.
- Participate in Indian Expo at Japan in 2005 Sponsored by Indian Council for cultural relations, Govt. of India.
- Festival of India, Indo- Japan Friendship at all over Japan invited by NPO Society for promotion Indo-Japan Culture, Japan
- Performed in Thailand, Burma, Malta, Greece, Holland, Germany, and France
- Performed at Vietnam, Japan and Vladivostok (U.S.S.R) Sponsored by I.C.C.R (Govt. of India) New Delhi in 2009
- Performed at South Korea in 2012 sponsored by ICH of South Korea
- Performed at re-union island (France) and Mauritius in 2012, Ahinsa festival sponsored by I.C.C.R, New Delhi
- Performed at Singapore in 2016.
Awarded with Kala Guru Samman 2019 by Kala Mandali, New Delhi. Got selected as the Empanelled artist of F.O.I., Ministry of Culture, Government of India.
Presently, working as a visiting faculty at Attakalari Movements of Arts, Bangalore, an Artistic Director of Acharya Chhau Nrutya Bichitra, Seraikella and Teaching at Triveni Kala Sangam, New Delhi. He is training students of both dance and theatre for the past 25 years.
The Classes are open for all (6 years and above)
To enrol please fill the registration form : CLICK HERE